I’m Amelia. I have been working with hair care product shampoo and conditioner for 6 long years. This website is...Read more
The shampoo bowl or sink is one of the most innovative inventions for any barbershop. Salon owners purchase it as a part of modernizing their shop. Unfortunately, installing a shampoo bowl is the task of a licensed plumber. But how much does it cost to install a shampoo bowl?
The range varies from $200 to $3000 price range. Along with shampoo bowl quality and building material, the brand value plays a significant role here. The average sink price range is $400-$1,000. A little bit more expenses will be required as you’re dealing with the professionals.
However, installing a shampoo bowl is easy if you have a clear conception of its parts. First, you need to measure the mounting bracket height and attach it to the wall. Then, you’re permitted to attach the shampoo bowl and other accessories.
Table of Contents
What are the benefits of using a shampoo bowl?
A shampoo bowl comes with some beneficial aspects so that it can convince you to use it. Let’s check out the top benefits of using it.
No extra purchase is required
Shampoo bowls come with an enchanting water supply system. They also come with a faucet and an incredible drainage system. As it’s a kind of portable sink, you can easily install the water supply connection. Most shampoo bowls come with complete fittings as well as spring tubes. You don’t even need to spend a penny to modify the shampoo bowl.
Lightweight and durable
Shampoo bowls are manufactured, prioritizing the weight issue. It’s extremely lightweight, so you can easily use it even for professional purposes. High-end acrylic material is used to build a shampoo bowl. Along with its lightweight advantage, this material also ensures its durability.
The shampoo bowl has a wide space to keep products. Its forward-facing cabinets allow you to put several beauty goods in an organized condition. Also, you can manage a space to store the hand towel easily. The more organized you keep the goods, the more beautiful the space will seem.
High-grade safety option
The shampoo bowl has a safety strap to prevent the loss of your valuable things. Its specialized grade hair trap hinders jewelry loss during hair wash. Some of the users may come with contact lenses, and they may fall apart. No worry, the trap will grab tiny things, and you’ll get them back.
How do you install a shampoo bowl?
People always doubt the difficulty of installing a shampoo bowl. Well, we assure you that you can easily install a shampoo bowl by maintaining the following steps properly. Before starting the installation process, get ready with these items.
- Shampoo sink and mounting accessories
- Rubber washer
- Jamb nut
- Water supply hose
- Measuring tape
- 1/4-inch drill bit
- Plumber’s putty
- Plumber’s tape
- Adjustable wrench
It’s time to equip yourself with safety equipment and dive into the installation process.
Measure the mounting bracket height
- Your first responsibility is to attach the mountain bracket to the wall. First, go through the manual’s instructions to understand what to do.
- Once you’re prepared, select a convenient height for the mounting bracket. Normally, 30-32″ is the best height in this circumstance.
Secure the mounting bracket to the wall
- Mark the drill holes on the wall. Then, you should drill the anchor holes nicely. After that, you should insert the anchors into the wall. Notice that they are flush to the wall.
- It’s time to position the mounting bracket. Place it securely to the wall with screws. Don’t forget to tighten the screws using a screwdriver.
Attaching the shampoo bowl
- Your turn is to attach the shampoo bowl with the mounting bracket. If there are legs with the shampoo bowl, then install them immediately.
- Now, your duty is to attach the faucet to the sink. Use plastic wing nuts to attach the faucet precisely.
- It’s time to connect the metal coupling. You can find it on one end of the water supply hose to the water supply valve.
- Next, tighten the metal coupling using a wrench. Connect the other end of the supply hose to the inlet. It’ll be situated most probably on the underside of the faucet.
Insert the tailpiece and rubber washer
- Insert the tailpiece at the downside position of the sink drain. Twist counterclockwise so that the connection is secured.
- Next, slide the rubber washer. You need to jamb nut over the end of the tailpiece. Also, securing them perfectly is required to the bottom of the sink.
Wrap the threads
- The last step is wrapping the threads on the sewer inlet pipe. Also, attach the tailpiece with the plumber’s tape.
- Then, insert the p-trap in the correct place between the pipes. And finally, secure it with the couplings.
How can I use my own shampoo bowl at home instead of buying one?
Here is the guide for using your own shampoo bowl at home without buying one.
- First, take a large bowl that is deep enough to fit your head and neck comfortably.
- Fill the bowl with warm water. Do not take too hot water.
- Add your favorite shampoo to the water and mix it around to create a lather.
- Now, submerge your head and neck in the bowl and allow the shampoo to soak into your hair for a few minutes.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly with warm water. You can use cool water as well.
Is there any difference between installing an under-counter and above-counter model of a shampoo bowl?
Yes, there are differences between an under-counter and above or top or over a counter basin. Here is a chart for you to know about their distinctions exactly.
|Distinction Topic||Under Counter Shampoo Bowl||Above Counter Shampoo Bowl|
|Installation cost||Slightly cost-effective; it requires less money than the above counter shampoo bowl.||Slightly expensive, perhaps, for its stylish and high-end build.|
|Process of installation||Length due to its difficult construction, not for newbies.||Easier than an under-counter basin.|
|Ease of cleaning||Easy to clean.||Hard corners need extra time and attention.|
|Artistic appearance||Limited artistic look.||More elegant appearance in general.|
|Durability||Not so satisfactory.||Good enough.|
How high should a shampoo bowl be mounted?
The most recommended bowl neck rest height is 31″. All you need to do is locate the bowl bracket height to adjust the bowl to the desired height. However, many people put their opinion on setting the neck rest height to 32″. This height is the most comfortable one according to them.
How much should I charge to install a kitchen sink?
Installing a kitchen sink requires money, depending on the kitchen sink type. Generally, it costs around $330 to $1,300. The pricing depends on the location, material, brand value, and others. You should install a kitchen sink within the $50 to $750 price range for regular use.
A shampoo bowl is worth its purchase fare as it offers huge comfort to the user. Incredible water supply system, high-end faucet, and hoses- what’s not included? Also, its durability is appreciable to serve your barbershop in the long run. Its outstanding hair trap can make the customers glad by trapping their valuable jewelry.
Hopefully, your question “how much does it cost to install a shampoo bowl” has been answered. The aforementioned price range isn’t universally fixed. It’ll vary depending on the position, parts availability, and popularity. They won’t bear the plumbing cost and so make your budget keep some extra money.
Despite having many luxurious options, we recommend picking the average price range. Luxurious shampoo bowls won’t provide you with an extra faucet or something rare. You’ll just get a more improved build and the optimized service- that’s all.