I’m Amelia. I have been working with hair care product shampoo and conditioner for 6 long years. This website is...Read more
I’m Amelia. I have been working with hair care product shampoo and conditioner for 6 long years. This website is...Read more
Have you recently dyed your hair by henna and are looking for the best shampoo for henna dyed hair? Do you require a classy shampoo that will suit your henna hair? I believe, it’s a yes and that’s why you have chosen our content among all.
Almost every girl out there loves their hair and wishes to keep it shiny and gorgeous. In terms of organic colors, henna is indeed the best option. However, henna dyed hair requires intensive care. So, the users must be very conscious while choosing the shampoo to prevent any post-coloring damage.
In our content below, we have highlighted the 4 best shampoos for henna hair dye. We have also provided essential tips & FAQs that will assist in choosing the most suitable one as per the hair type. So, be with us till the very end and purchase the right shampoo to let your hair glow & shine.
My Top Picks!
|Natur Vital Henna Chestnut Hair Shampoo||Check On Amazon|
|Shikai Henna Gold Highlighting Shampoo & Conditioner||Check On Amazon|
|Design Essentials Oat Protein and Henna Shampoo For Deep Cleansing||Check On Amazon|
|Design Essentials Deep Cleansing Henna Shampoo||Check On Amazon|
The 4 Best Shampoo for Henna Dyed Hair: Check The Detailed Review Now!
In this section, we have reviewed the 4 best for henna dyed hair. We have gone through hundreds of products and chose only these ones to ensure the best results in 2022. For a proper idea we have included the honest reviews of the customers. So, don’t procrastinate and jump in!
Natur Vital Henna Chestnut Hair Shampoo
Natur Vital Henna Shampoo is a classy solution especially for individuals with Chestnut colored hair. If you are looking for a shampoo to protect the natural colors or artificial color dye, this one can be a good choice indeed. The main formula of this shampoo is sunflower and henna extract which is quite awesome to gain color and shine.
Henna is a natural color that has been used by people for ages. Its leaves contain lawsone, flavonoid, tannins and quinone. Among all these properties, tannins are especially well-known for strengthening hair. We would especially suggest this shampoo for henna dyed hair as its polyphenol is efficient in providing protection from UV & free radicals.
- Brand: Natur Vital.
- Product Dimensions: 1.5″ x 2.5″ x 8″
- Weight: 11.2 Ounces.
- Hair Type: Color Treated Hair.
- Volume: 300 ml.
- Natur Vital Henna Shampoo is a hypoallergenic lotion specially manufactured for Chestnut colored hair.
- It is basically made up of the pure extracts from henna and sunflower. Its properties can bring shine, brightness and glow to both dyed & non-dyed hairs.
- Henna contains many helpful ingredients including flavonoids, lawsone and tannins. Tannins have special strengthening and astringent value to ensure amazing growth and protection.
- Flavonglycosides, anthocyanins, choline, xanthophyll and other chlorogenic acids are the major components of sunflower plant.
- Polyphenol of sunflower seed has high efficiency in providing protection against free radicals and UV Ray.
- Its natural properties will soften the hair and will protect and revive the colors.
Natur Vital is definitely an incredible brand. The shampoo tends to keep the hair shiny, glowing and soft. As it doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals, individuals with sensitive scalp can use it without worries.
It doesn’t come with a nice scent particularly.
Shikai Henna Gold Highlighting Shampoo & Conditioner
The origin of Shikai products is pretty fascinating. In 1970, Dr. Dennis Sepp invented Shikai powder from natural ingredients. He used to believe that ayurvedic ingredients had more potential for hair & skin care than chemicals. From then the brand Shikai started its journey and now it manufactures and sells beauty products all over the world.
It has special plant based solutions to clean and soften the hair. Along with the goodness of Shikai extract it is manufactured with modern omega 6 oil. Ots Pro vitamin B5 and coconut oil is specialized in repairing split ends and in nourishing hair. You can rely on this one for henna hair care as it ensures that your hair reflects the most amazing colors.
- Brand: ShiKai.
- Scent: Coconut.
- Package Dimensions: 9.33″ x 6.57″ x 3.11″.
- Item Weight: 2.89 ounces
- Hair Type: Color Treated
- Special Ingredients: Keratin.
- ShiKai’s Henna Gold Shampoo & Conditioner tends to increase the flexibility of your hair. So, the hair becomes more manageable. It will definitely add a nice shine and glow to the hair.
- The shampoo is easy to rinse, so users don’t have to worry about cell damage at all.
- It can quickly revive the dull hair by its washing set.
- Shikai shampoo is a non-staining shampoo which will brighten the existing color by its non-coloring henna extracts. Its special milf formula will protect the dyed hair from damage.
- It doesn’t contain any harsh chemical or dying agent that can irritate the scalp. So, the shampoo is totally safe for color-treated hair.
- As the shampoo has a MILD FORMULA, it will moisten the hair and increase its elasticity and flexibility. So, users with sensitivity can expect constant support indeed.
- All of its ingredients are monitored in the first-rate facility. So, it’s quality is totally trustworthy.
This is an awesome shampoo especially for individuals who have damaged dyed hair. This henna shampoo can make the hair softer and shiny.
It is not much suitable for coarse hair as it gives more bounce to hair.
Design Essentials Oat Protein and Henna Shampoo For Deep Cleansing
If you are looking for a henna shampoo that can deep cleanse and condition your hair without stripping colors, Design Essentials is here for you. This brand has dedicated more than 30 years in skin & hair care to make everyone feel beautiful. Their new formula of essential oat protein and henna can moisturize the hair of every texture. We would highly recommend this one for individuals who need volume in their hair.
Its most basic component is – hydrolyzed oat protein which is well known as natural humectants. Its main motive was to increase overall shine and glow while providing enough resilience against damage. The most major components of this shampoo is – Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauramide MEA, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, PEG-75 Lanolin, Calendula Offi cinalis Flower Extract and many more.
- Brand: Design Essentials.
- Hair Type: All.
- Liquid Volume: 8 Fluid Ounces.
- Item Weight: 0.5 Pounds.
- Item Dimensions: 1.57″ x 1.57″ x 7.5″.
- Deep Essential Oat Protein and Henna shampoo is made up of classy natural ingredients that can easily penetrate the scalp and deep cleanse the hair. It can washout all the impurities without damaging the hair dye.
- Buyers don’t have to worry about their scalp as its formula is alcohol free, metallic salt free, harsh chemical free and totally gentle.
- It is totally free of silicone & sulfate.
- One of the major Ingredients of this shampoo is hydrolyzed oat protein. It is naturally the best component for hydration and conditioning.
- Henna makes the hair shiny, voluminous and strengthens it for increased resilience against breakage.
- Users can rely on Deep Essentials as they have experience of more than 30 years in this field. For utmost convenience of the customers, they have offered manufacturer’s warranty with every purchase.
It’s really an awesome clarifying shampoo for deep cleansing. You will love this one if you have dry, frizzy or thin hair. After using this one your hair will feel thicker & fuller.
As a clarifier, it doesn’t moisturize the hair that much. So, it’s a must to utilize a moisturizing shampoo.
Design Essentials Deep Cleansing Henna Shampoo
The main motto of design Essentials is to make everyone feel beautiful. That’s why they came up with classy salon quality products to restore and rejuvenate your hair. This Deep Cleansing shampoo is specialized in giving volume to the hair and making it bouncy & lightweight. It can be a product of regular hair care routine as it has gentle yet incredible ingredients to promote the overall scalp growth. It won’t strip the natural oils from the scalp while cleaning impurities.
Either you have fine hair or thin hair; you can grab it without worries. The shampoo is super easy to use. Take and emulsify a quarter amount of henna & Oat Protein shampoo to apply on the wet hair. Once you have scrubbed properly, rinse it and done!
- Brand: Design Essentials
- Hair Type: Relaxed-textured-hair.
- Item Weight: 2 Pounds
- Item Dimensions: 3.75″ x 3.75″ x 9″
- Product Benefits: Organic.
- Design essentials Oat Protein and Henna Shampoo is made up of all the natural ingredients that can easily penetrate the scalp to cleanse impurities. Its specialty is – it won’t strip natural oils while cleansing.
- The brand promises to promote scalp growth by its gentle formula. Users can rely on it to revitalize & restore their hair.
- It’s suitable for sensitive individuals as it’s free from silicone, sulfate and alcohol.
- The hydrolyzed oat protein is highly suitable for providing hydration to the hair.
- Henna is an incredible component for adding volume & shine to the hair. It strengthens hair so that it will be less prone to damage.
- We would recommend it all type of hair texture including fuller, thicker or thinner.
- Design Essentials have manufactured their henna shampoo with around 30 years experience. They are highly confident in their formula, that’s why they have provided Design Essentials guarantee with each purchase.
Design Essentials works incredibly in moisturizing the hair. You can feel the changes even after the first use. It will cleanse & brighten the hair to prevent dullness.
Several customers have complained about its overall packaging.
How to choose the Best Shampoos for Henna Hair Dye?
Choosing the best shampoo for henna dyed hair is certainly not easy. You just can’t randomly pick up a shampoo. You require a proper formula that will protect the hair dye and will strengthen your hair. I bet you are pretty desperate to choose the best one among all but the whole cosmetics market has made you more confused. Don’t worry as we have highlighted the basic points which will help you in choosing the best one according to your hair type.
Type of Shampoo:
In the very beginning, the buyer has to determine what type of shampoo he actually requires. Either he can go for a staining or a non-staining one. Non-staining shampoos are basically designed for softening and conditioning the hair. On the contrary, staining shampoos tends to enhance & protect the dye. If an individual requires a permanent pigment of a specific color, she needs to choose a shampoo according to that color.
If you have dyed or bleached the hair beforehand, it would be best to go for a non-staining shampoo. These henna shampoos will condition and regrowth the hair by their natural henna extract.
Quality is also an essential point to consider. In terms of quality users have to evaluate different ingredients and determine the overall freshness of the shampoo.
While choosing the best shampoo for henna hair, it’s a must to check the ingredients. Many staining shampoos out there contain metallic and chemical salts along with plane dyes. We would highly recommend avoiding metallic salts or harsh chemicals to maintain an optimum growth of the hair.
It’s also ideal to go for shampoo containing nourishing and softening ingredients extracted from natural humectants, aloe & plants. Nourishing properties make the hair more healthy and manageable. Nowadays; the premium henna shampoos are devoid of added preservatives and fragrances to make them more suitable for sensitive individuals.
Last but not the least, users have to consider the cost indeed. Nowadays many companies are producing awesome shampoos within budget. However, there might be some drawbacks so be sure to check out the product qualities & ingredients.
What Does Henna Shampoo Do?
As henna is a natural and organic component, many individuals have high interest in henna shampoo. The function of the shampoo will totally depend on the type of shampoo you will choose. A non-staining shampoo won’t obviously color the hair just like the name suggests. They are designed for protecting and strengthening the hair and hair color.
If coloring is your main purpose, then you have to go for a staining shampoo. Select the shampoo with the pigment you prefer and let it dye your hair with ultimate efficiency. Henna is also an incredible component to prevent premature graying. If you have such an issue or want to cover your gray hair, then henna shampoo is a good choice indeed.
How Do You Take Care of Henna Dyed Hair?
Henna is a natural color and people have been using henna for ages. However, henna dyed hair requires intensive care to avoid post coloring damage. In this segment we have got some exclusive tips to keep your hair shiny, growing and manageable. So, here you go –
Moisturize The Hair:
Keeping the hair moist is one of the major points to keep the henna dyed hair healthy. Even though it’s a natural hair dye, it can dry out the hair. Thus hair becomes less manageable and looks frenzied. We would recommend adding some natural oil to the henna recipe. Users can also go for Deep conditioning with castor or almond oil.
Henna tends to alter and affect the hair texture. It can make hair rough by drying it out. Add up some amla to the henna recipe to reduce these adverse effects and keep your hair smooth.
After henna treatment, it’s mandatory to clean the Scalp with a good shampoo & conditioner. Otherwise the scalp will become itchy and make you uncomfortable. So, be very wise while choosing a shampoo for post henna treatment.
Color & Protection:
If you are going for natural henna, you should know that thei can only produce red & orange colors. It’s a senior permanent color so it won’t get off from hair easily. The only possible way is to cut off or grow the hair out. That’s why, be very wise before taking a decision.
Frequently Asked Question:
Yes, you can wash the hair with both shampoo and conditioner after applying henna. However, be very gentle in this process and let the color to set for minimum 48 hours. In this context, we would highly recommend co-washing (It is a process to wash by conditioner only) as it will moisten the hair and make it soft.
The buyer must go through the ingredients list to determine if the shampoo is good for henna hair or not. In order to keep your hair shiny and strong, avoid shampoos & conditioner that contain Meta salt, chemical salts and accessory fragrances. Instead look for shampoos that contain natural ingredients extracted from plants.
Obviously, henna is awesome for its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. They are efficient in strengthening hair and prevent premature graying. It also contains special components to reduce dandruff. However, henna can affect the hair texture by drying it out and making it rough. So, be prepared to take intensive care if you are going for henna treatment.
Applying lemon juice to henna is definitely beneficial as lemon juice is an acidic catalyst. It ensures deep penetration of the colors by its dye releasing properties.
Which is the best shampoo for henna dyed hair? I believe after being with us till now you have got an answer to your query. Choosing the best henna shampoo is certainly tough as you have to consider multiple factors. Moreover, if you are a newbie then it’s more of a disaster.
That’s why we have highlighted the best 4 shampoo for henna hair and highlighted a detailed guideline to take care of your hair. All of our recommended products are pretty awesome and have positive customer reviews. Among them I have loved Natur Vital Henna Chestnut Hair Shampoo For its amazing color and strengthening properties. So, you can pick either of them without worries and enhance your hair’s glow & beauty!
I’m Amelia. I have been working with hair care product shampoo and conditioner for 6 long years. This website is an outlet of my deep passion for hair, Shampoo and Conditioner. Basically, I'm here to guide you on shampoo and conditioner.