I’m Amelia. I have been working with hair care product shampoo and conditioner for 6 long years. This website is...Read more
Nowadays people are diving more into dying their hair with marvelous colors. However, after dying their hair girls must be very conscious to prevent damage or to maintain a regular touch up. If we are going for a DIY option at home, then diluting the colors with a conditioner is the best option. Now we may wonder, what is the best conditioner to dilute hair dye? How to dilute hair dye with a conditioner? Be with me till the end and quench your curiosity.
Nowadays most users prefer to dilute the dye before hand as – hair dyes contain harsh chemicals and diluting the dye will surely impact less damage to the hair. It’s also an effective trick to get a light tone.
However, choosing the best conditioner for diluting the dye is not so easy. We just can’t go with a random or cheap one. Instead we require the best one to keep our hair shiny & gorgeous. Don’t worry as I have highlighted the 5 best Conditioners to dilute hair dye in 2022. So, let’s not dilly dally and jump in now!
Table of Contents
My Top Picks!
|Punky Midnight Blue Semi Permanent Conditioning Hair Color
|Check On Amazon
|dpHUE Color-Boosting Semi-Permanent Hair Dye & Deep Conditioner
|Check On Amazon
|Keracolor Clenditioner Semi Permanent Hair Color Depositing Conditioner
|Check On Amazon
|Celeb Luxury Intense Color Depositing Conditioner
|Check On Amazon
|MANIC PANIC Blue Moon Hair Dye
|Check On Amazon
My picked 5 Conditioner to Dilute Hair Dye
Check my detailed reviews below and choose the best conditioner that suits your hair color and style right away!
If we are looking for a semi-permanent & shiny color that will moisturize the hair instantly, Punky Midnight Blue Hair Color can be our favorite companion. Punky is a leading brand in the hair color and beauty industry. We will definitely love this one for its bright, bold & excellent results. The best point of Punky Midnight Blue is – it Is not only vibrant & cool but also quite long lasting.
As the solution I’d enriched in Vegan Keratin compel, it can ensure a bright & intense color deposition. This product is 100% safe for us and free of harsh chemicals & damaging ingredients like – PPD, Paraben, Vegan and ammonia. This creamy textured color can provide the best results even when the hair is not bleached. However, I won’t recommend it for brown or dark haired individuals.
- Color: Midnight Blue
- Brand: Punky
- Item Form: Cream
- Hair Type: All.
- Full Cure Time: 30 Minutes
- The brand punky tends to make their users gorgeous by their magical, semi Permanent midnight blue dye.
- It will transform the dry & frizzy hair into the shiny, glossy & silky hair by proper nourishing & Conditioning.
- This item offers classy non-damaging ingredients to prevent hair breakage and over-drying.
- It is 100% safe & effective for all of us. So, there is no need of bleaching or adding peroxides.
- As the dye contains a keratin complex, it will provide long lasting, bright & vivid results. The color will last up to 35 shampoos.
- This product is super easy to apply. Take a tinting brush and apply it from the roots till the ends. Let it be for 15 to 30 minutes and rinse it thoroughly afterwards. Now our hair is ready to be shiny, silky and glossy.
Among different hair dyes, this is the best one as it works on both dark and bleached hair. The results are quite bright, vibrant and long lasting. As it is quite conditioning, the hair becomes soft and shiny after application.
The dye is a bit messy so cover surrounding areas to prevent unwanted stains.
If we are looking for a dye that can ensure a fresh, out of the salon look with maximum color boosting, then dpHUE is definitely the best choice for us. This brand has eleven versatile shades which can be easily diluted or mixed with other pigments as per preferences. I would exceptionally recommend it for a crazy and healthy shine. Just apply it as per requirements without any worries of hair damage.
- Brand: DpHUE
- Product Dimensions: 6″ x 2″ x 2″
- Item weight: 7.8 ounces
- Color: Light Brown
- Hair Type: Color Treated
- Boost our hair Color; Gloss+ will enhance & deepen our natural hair color or color treated hair to give us a fresh out-of-the-salon feel; Light Brown is a light warm brunette; Tone down highlights or give all over color & shine; Not for gray coverage
- The brand has brought a semi Permanent hair dye which doesn’t require much preparation. Just leave the mixture on the hair for several minutes and get instant results.
- It will remain on the hair shaft to make our hair glossy. However, they won’t enter the cuticles or cause any damage.
- This Semi Permanent dye condition the hair while boosting the hair color. So, the hair remains soft, shiny and manageable.
- It’s an animal friendly dye which is paraben, gluten, sulfate and phthalate free.
- Users can grab the shade & gloss they prefer as this one can easily mix with other glosses to create their ideal one.
dpHUE is definitely the best conditioner to dilute hair dye if the hair color needs a little boost & shine. With each application the hair looks more glossy, silkier and healthier. The best thing about this dye is – it can give us awesome results within several minutes.
It can easily stain the skin & surrounding area. So be careful during the application procedure.
Keracolor wants us to color & condition the hair with every cleanse. It’s a non-lather conditioner that can instantly dye the hair and maintain the vibrancy we prefer. They have manufactured their products with keratin to ensure softness, shine & strength. As the shampoo is totally sulfate and paraben free, we don’t have to worry about hair damage. It’s a semi permanent color that can offer the brightest results in the lighter hair. We have to go for multiple wash if our hair tone is dark blonde or brown.
- Color: Mocha
- Brand: KERACOLOR
- Item Form: Foam
- Hair Type: Normal
- Material Type: Gluten & Paraben Free
- It’s an US brand that can deposit semi-permanent color on the hair shaft easily.
- Keracolor is a low foam conditioner that can wash away dirt & debris and condition the hair while boosting the hair color.
- The brand has come with a sulfate & paraben free formula to prevent any sort of damage.
- It can work on both dark and light toned hair. However, we can achieve the best results in a bleached light toned hair.
- The major ingredients are – shea butter, coconut oil, rosehip oil, almond oil and keratin complex.
I have loved this one due to the high pigmented color & vibrancy it provides. It’s an awesome conditioner which can deposit bright colors to our hair while conditioning & softening.
The formula is not that much moisturizing.
The brand, Celeb Luxury has come with a gem lites conditioner that tends to ensure a healthy and beautiful hair by creating the colors we will love. It’s obviously an incredible item for individuals who have color treated blonde hair and requires a frequent touch up. It contains different kind of plant based sugar to smoothen & moisturize our hair. They have ensured a 100% vegan and cruelty free solution to keep our hair fresh, soft and conditioned.
- Color: Semi-Permanent Color Depositing hair dye
- Brand: Celeb Luxury
- Item Form: Header
- Hair Type: Normal
- Full Cure Time: 5 Minutes
- Celeb Luxury has brought a Gem Lites conditioner that can deposit color to the hair shaft without damaging the roots.
- It is specialized in moisturizing and conditioning the colirvtreated hair after every application.
- Other than moisturizing, this solution can also strengthen & repair the damaged hair by its plant based solution.
- It is super easy to use & apply. Apply the mixture on wet hair and leave it for 2 to 5 minutes. Rinse it of right away and our hair is ready to shine. If we require a dark tone, then repeat the procedure and intensify the overall look.
This conditioner gives an amazing color, smell & feel to the bleached & color treated hair. I have loved it as it’s super convenient to apply and use.
The conditioner may seem a bit pricey. However, it is totally worthy of every penny.
Manic panic has always been a leader on creating creative revolutionary hair colors which are cruelty and Vegan free. This brand has been working on hair colors and beauty for more than 40 years. Their blue moon dye gives off the most vibrant & brightest results especially if the hair is bleached to a lighter tone. It’s super convenient to use. Firstly, shampoo and dry up our hair to ensure proper penetration of color. Now apply the MANIC PANIC Hair color with a tint brush and comb it thoroughly for an even application. So, wasn’t it super easy?
- Brand: MANIC PANIC
- Dimensions: 2.4″ x 2.4″ x 2.4″
- Item weight: 4.2 ounces
- Color: Blue Moon
- Item Form: Cream
- Hair Type: Normal
- Blue Moon Hair Dye offers the most vibrant colors especially if the hair is light level blonde.
- This mixture is easy to use and mix. So, there are no requirements for developers. Thus, creating custom Shades by MANIC PANIC Colors has become super easy.
- As the solution is Semi Permanent, it can’t reach deep to the cortex and remains on the shaft instead. Thus, the dye will take around 4 to 6 weeks to fade away.
- It has come up with a cruelty free formula which is devoid of ammonia, paraben, gluten, resorcinol, phthalate and peta accreditation.
- In order to get the best results, lighten the hair with the Bleach Kits of MANIC PANIC. A level nine or ten bleaching will ensure the most amazing results.
The manic panic dye offers a bright and vibrant color without any damage to hair. It’s super easy to apply as well. If we are looking for a long lasting performance, then go for this one as it will last for one month with minimum fading.
It bleeds a bit so users might stain their surroundings if they are careful enough. However, the overall results are satisfactory.
Can I dilute hair dye with any conditioner?
Of course, no! I can’t choose any random conditioner. Instead I have to consider several factors as per the shade I wants. So, what are these essential factors? How to choose the best conditioner to dilute hair dye? In this section below I have highlighted several major points that will assist in this regard.
Type of Conditioner
The choice of conditioner totally depends on the shade we prefer.
Conditioner For Dark Shade
If a dark tone is significantly the preference, then the user needs to go for a conditioner with silicone. I have seen, silicone performs best in locking the dye. It is also responsible for ensuring proper coloration by ammonia & hydrogen peroxide. Thus, silicone won’t let the color rinse away easily.
Conditioner for Pastel Shade
If pastel shade is our thing, then a white conditioner without silicone will efficiently do the job. As there will be no silicone, dye will easily rinse out and we will get colors only on the particular strands. Just mix the preferred color with the conditioner and apply on the hair. Remember that the shade will be two to three times lighter than the original color.
Color of the conditioner is an essential factor to consider indeed. Pigmented conditioners are designed to enhance the existing color. For instance, a conditioner with red pigments will turn the hair a bit red with each application. So, going for a conditioner with mismatched pigment will mess up the existing color. In this context, non-pigmented white conditioners are best as they can easily add preferred colors to enhance the existing color.
Some users may not pay much attention to consistency of the conditioner. However, it’s also one of the major points as consistency decides the quality of the dye. If the overall consistency is too thin, then the dye won’t stick rather it will rinse out with the conditioner. The thick consistency will ensure a dark tone which won’t run off easily.
How to Dilute Hair Dye with a conditioner?
We have got a conditioner and a preferred hair dye. Now we may wonder how to dilute hair dye with a conditioner? It’s super easy.
- Purchase a hair dye as per the preferences and a white conditioner.
- Take ⅓ of the white conditioner and mix it with 1 teaspoon of color choice.
- Now add more conditioner or color as per requirements to achieve the preferred shade. Now the mixture is ready to apply on the hair.
This mixture will give the pastel shade immediately. However, skipping the conditioner will give a brighter and more prominent tone.
Frequently Asked Question
Water won’t give us the same results just like the conditioner. Water may work but it will make the dye more runny and the hair quite drier. So, going for a white conditioner is certainly the best option to gain a pastel shade with a soft texture. As we are diluting the dye we must keep in mind that – diluting the fashion dye will surely lighten the color. The intensity of the dye will be reduced and it might not last for a long period.
For diluting the hair dye shampoo might not be the best solution. That’s because the dye might be too diluted to adhere to the hair. Also the shampoo’s color might have an impact on the dye as well. So, it’s best for us to go for a white conditioner instead.
Purchasing the conditioner to dilute hair dye is certainly a tricky task. A user just can’t choose a random one. Instead she has to be careful about the type, color & consistency of the conditioner. After being with me till now I believe we have got an idea about what type of conditioner will suffice our needs.
In this article I have picked the best five conditioners based on my experience. All of our picks are pretty awesome & effective. Among all, I loved Celeb Luxury Intense Color Depositing Conditioner & dpHUE Color-Boosting Semi-Permanent Hair Dye & Deep Conditioner for their vibrant performance & long lasting effects. However, we can go with any as per the shade we prefer and let our hair glow with dazzling colors!